The Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Program is for those who want to teach Yoga as a healing art. This program is open to anyone with a basic foundation in Yoga and is especially suitable for body‐workers, health care professionals and all therapists. This program is registered with the Yoga Alliance as a basic 200-hour Teacher Training certification program (RYT-200).
The Integrative Yoga Therapy Teacher Training program gives students in‐depth skills to teach Yoga as a vehicle for total wellness. Along with offering Yoga classes with a focus on health and healing to the general public, IYT graduates teach Yoga‐based wellness programs in a wide variety of complementary settings including hospitals, businesses, and complementary health care settings. IYT teachers also develop special focus programs, such as Healthy Spine Yoga, depression, boomers, seniors, stress management, and many other health conditions. The program is offered in two formats as a Two-10 day program or as a 10 month weekend program.
Main Focus Areas of the Teacher Training Program:
• Individualized Teacher and Learning - Develop your Yoga teaching as part of your own unique life vision and mission. The Integrative Yoga Teacher Training Program is based in the vision of Yoga Therapy using an individualized approach with the understanding that the needs of students are unique and each Yoga teacher should receive comprehensive and in‐depth instruction in the wider vision of Yoga as well as detailed experiential instructions in the tools and techniques of Yoga. With this foundation, each teacher is given a range of possibilities for the creative teaching of Yoga from which they can evolve their own vision of the teaching process.
• Experiential Approach to Education -Learn all the key concepts of teaching such as class design, sequencing, pacing, use of voice and instructions, and hands‐on adjustments in a concise and clear format that is creative, comprehensive and interesting.
• Take Your Teaching Beyond the Yoga Classroom - Learn to teach Yoga classes for specific focus groups such as medical settings, education, recovery and business as well as Yoga classes for the general public.
• A Multidimensional Approach to Yoga Postures - Learn to teach asana through the Integrative Posture Principles and Press Points. These principles and Press Points facilitate a precise and in‐depth understanding of how asanas work at physical, energetic, emotional, and spiritual levels, and how to modify them for individual needs.
• Understand Health and Illness - Learn the nature of health and illness from the Yoga perspective. Understand the role of stress in health and illness as well as the specific ways in which Yoga manages stress.
• Interactive Psychology and Philosophy of Yoga – Learn the main aspects of the psychology and philosophy of Yoga in a way that is clear, well organized and can be integrated into your teaching and daily life. This study includes Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Texts of Hatha Yoga and The Five Kosha Model.
• Creative, Student Centered Education - Learn to teach Yoga classes that are exceptional and creative, that develop a theme from start to finish; classes that involve your student at every level of their being and leave them with the complete experience of integration which is Yoga.
*Explore the Deeper Practices of Yoga- Learn pranayama, mudras, bandhas, chakras, meditation, Yoga Nidra and hands‐on‐healing, in order to expand your horizons of yoga teaching.
** We off residential yoga teacher training as well as weekend training for those in our surrounding area! **
Radiant Wellness Yoga Therapy Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida Joan Ryan Office (904) 280-4628 Cell (904) 982-1848 Joan@rwyogatherapy.com